We’re surrounded by sound, and yet, how much of the sound we hear and feel are actually beneficial and, well, HEALING? If you’re plugged in, what are you really plugged into? Chaos and disharmony in the form of sound waves have an effect on the body that interferes with growth, healing, and regeneration of healthy cells and tissues. How do we know which sounds are disharmonious and which sounds benefit us? In addition, how do sounds HEAL? As a practitioner working with energy healing modalities, becoming attuned to healing frequencies can enhance and accelerate healing for you as well as your clients.
My favorite healing frequencies, the solfeggio 6-tone scale, show a mathematical relationship – an expression of harmony with which all living things resonate. Sound is measured in Hertz (Hz). In the table below, see if you can discover the numerical relationships between each of the solfeggio frequencies.
396 Hz – Liberating Guilt and Fear
417 Hz – Undoing Situations and Facilitating Change
528 Hz – Transformation and Miracles (DNA Repair)
639 Hz – Connecting/Relationships
741 Hz – Expression/Solutions
852 Hz – Returning to Spiritual Order
These harmonious frequencies can actually be seen (sound becomes visible) when various substances exposed to these sounds vibrate. The small crystals of salt or sugar, for example, begin to move and form patterns on a flat surface. Dr. Hans Jenny showed in a process he called cymatics that pure tone vibrations create these beautiful patterns, not only in the lab, but also in nature. We see these patterns everywhere; the arrangement of petals in a flower, waves washing up on shore, the formation of coral reefs in response to whale songs, and many more. Chaotic or non-pure tone sounds elicit no patterns.
We can then relate the reformation of broken bones, the development of muscle tissue, and even the structure of DNA to the possibility that certain sounds heal. Though there’s much more to include in this short article about solfeggio frequencies, cymatics, and healing, I’d like to now suggest that experience is the best teacher. Yet, as we continue to be “plugged in” to electronic devices, we find ourselves not in-tune with the healing sounds of nature. Here’s where we, as healers and practitioners, can make a huge difference for not only ourselves but also for our clients. Bring on the tuning forks!
What are the Benefits of Using Tuning Forks as a Practice?
The Natural Therapies Certification Board offers accreditation for many healing modalities, including sound healing. As a stand-alone healing modality, a practitioner has the option to pursue training as a Vibrational Sound Practitioner with continuing education as a Vibrational Sound Teacher. In some states, CEUs may be accepted in the field of sound healing to apply toward re-licensing of other modalities such as body work. (Check with your licensing board for more information on what they accept for CEUs). Of course there are many benefits beyond certification. Here are a few:
- Single-tone harmonious frequencies enhance the effectiveness of other healing modalities
- Effortlessly integrate sound with Reiki, massage, hypnosis, etc.
- Use as a stand-alone healing modality with superior effectiveness and client results
- Increases uniqueness in your field
- Helps raise your personal vibrational levels
- Helps healing in your own etheric field
- Helps create a sacred space
- Supports energetic hygiene
- Helps balance your inner vortex
- Releases unseen blocks in the body
- Heightens intuitive awareness and psychic abilities
- Experience minimal to no strain on the physical body
- Easy to learn with effective results
- Creates a nice sound bath
- Attunes you to go beyond the physical and energetic limitations of other modalities
- Helps you work as a shepherd for transformation
- Offers a unique method for targeted healing work
- Optimizes wholeness on the physical, emotional and spiritual plains
- Assists you in working with ease and grace
- Effortlessly tap into higher realms of consciousness
For more information about sound healing and using tuning forks as a healing practice, please contact Rosemary Levesque, Licensed Spiritual Healer, Certified Vibrational Sound Master Teacher. Course information on Sound Healing.