Though safe travel involves careful planning, little things may come up that require your attention. As a Lightworker – energy healer – you’re already utilizing your gifts and talents to clear space, keep yourself grounded and protected in large groups, and ensure a restful sleep in a strange environment, right? However, if you want to select a few extra tools for your basic emergency kit, I’d like to suggest these as wonderful options to support you and your family as you travel.
Lightworker Care For Pets:
Essential oils* (see below) are a natural option to help in many situations that come up while on vacation.
- To help protect from fleas and ticks I used Purification on Gracie before going outside in the tall grasses of Central Oregon. Rub one or two drops into your palms and apply by rubbing all over legs, neck, tail, belly, and back. If you have single essential oils, try Tea tree, citronella, or lavender. If a bite or wound does occur, lavender can be applied directly to the skin.
- Lemon essential oil came in handy when Gracie sat in pine pitch. Instead of cutting away her beautiful fur, or pulling out the pine needles, I applied lemon essential oil directly to the pine pitch and rubbed her fur gently until the pitch was dissolved and her fur was clean.
- Over-doing the exercise? Muscle aches and joint discomfort can be alleviated with a mix of Raindrop essential oils. (This is a great opportunity to combine your energy healing work – Reiki – with essential oils). Use your customized Raindrop mix along the spine. Also try PanAway directly to sore areas, for example shoulders, and add Copaiba essential oil (high in beta-caryophyllene which is a CBD – cannabinoid compound naturally found in the copaiba tree resin). Copaiba essential oil from Young Living is more than 50% β-caryophyllene.
Tuning forks (sound healing) are surprisingly easy to include in your Lightworker’s emergency kit. I selected these tuning forks and had the occasion to use them several times:
- OM tuners – after activating the fork, use the stem to apply to trigger points or sore areas. The vibration of OM travels deep into the body, bringing nitric oxide produced by the cells into the bloodstream. (learn more about nitric oxide from my previous article) I used two OM tuners on Bruno, my son’s dog after he had a vigorous time chasing the ball. Oils are applied first along the spine and sore areas. Then use the OM tuners in the same areas.
- Crystal tuner – with a vibration of 4096 Hz, this small friend to Lightworkers has many uses. Since animals may be sensitive to sound, it’s likely your animal is also sensitive to the energies of previous inhabitants. Use the crystal tuner gently in spaces around the accommodations to clear unwanted energies. Energize food and water by tapping the crystal tuner to a quartz crystal, and sounding over your meal.
Lightworker Care For People:
Of course, all of the above mentioned essential oils and techniques can be used for humans. In addition, see how I enhanced my experiences on vacation. Essential oils are a favorite tool for me. Here are a few ideas for you to include in your energy self-care:
- Vetiver essential oil is great as a scent and for feeling grounded in large crowds. It’s very thick, loaded with sesquiterpenes that last a long time in your body.
- Anoint your feet with a drop of ImmuPower blend or frankincense mixed with a dab of shea butter or your favorite lotion. I love ImmuPower essential oil. It feels like the Divine in a bottle to me. While you’re anointing your feet, take the opportunity to state your intentions for the day.
- Sunburn heals faster when properly cared for. Avoid ingesting citrus essential oils before exposure to sun. Sun exposure that leads to reddened skin can be soothed by lavender and myrrh essential oil mixed with an oil carrier high in antioxidants such as rosehip oil or marula oil. Add a dab of deep penetrating face cream with hyaluronic acid as an assistant to skin care healing. Always avoid additives that aren’t natural (like propylene glycol).
- Stay clean when using public restrooms. Use a drop of Thieves essential oil to help sanitize, or make a spritzer with water and Thieves oil blend. Have a bottle in the car for easy access while traveling.
- Sleep easier in a strange environment with your custom blend of essential oils. Try lavender, valerian, frankincense, Ruta, vetiver, and the flower of your choice (geranium, rose, chamomile, or ylang ylang). Diffuse in the air, spritz, or apply to your feet for easy sleep and renewal.
Self-care may be one of the most important components of your Lightworker’s Emergency kit. Be sure to take time daily for meditative moments, and connecting to nature. If you need more ideas or would like to order products, please ask! I’d love to hear from you.
*The essential oils I use are from Young Living since I trust their quality and Seed to Seal guarantee. If you would like more information or to order a Premium Starter Kit please visit my website.